GLACUHO News
Calendar

2/9/2019 » 2/11/2019
2019 Winter Meeting for all Committee and Leadership Team Members

Health and Wellness
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Faith in the Workplace Discussion 0 M. Weiss, Wright State University Continuing the discussion of faith in the workplace... For those of you that have worked at a faith-based institution and a non faith-based institution, were there any differences that you encountered when it came to expressing your religious or spiritual beliefs at the different institutions?
by M. Weiss, Wright State University
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Faith in the workplace discussion 0 M. Ellis, University of Illinois Springfield Hello all! So way back when the amazing Hope England wrote a blog article about faith within the workplace. Since then the sub-committee for emotional and spiritual health and wellness has been attempting to get a discussion going about how different institutions handle different situations.  Anyways if you haven't read the article, take a minute to read it here. Once you've taken the time to do so, think about your own faith and how your workplace has possibly affected it. Has the effect been positive or negative? Have you resented a workplace because of their lack of understanding? Please feel free share! 
by M. Ellis, University of Illinois Springfield
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Faith and Values in the Workplace - May Discussion Topic 0 K. Jones, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Greetings!   If you haven't already please read the "Faith and Values in Your Work" blog post Hope England posted in March by clicking HERE.    To continue the discussion I'd like to pose the following question: - What challenges do you face with expressing your faith and values in your workplace?  How do you overcome them or do you?      
by K. Jones, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Faith & Values in workplace - June post 0 H. England, Butler University Summer might be a more laid back time for you.  Or at least it's a different pace.  If you haven't read the original blog post about faith and values in the workplace, now would be a great time to do so!  You should try out the activity suggested at the end as well so that you can identity your top values.  My question to you: does your institution do any kind of 'brown bag' lunches where professionals can discuss their values and how they live them out?   What do those look like?   If your institution doesn't currently do this, is this something you could start?  Could it even happen this summer?   Until next time!     Hope England   Residence Life Coordinator, Apartment Village  Butler University  
by H. England, Butler University
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Faith in the Workplace Discussion 2 1 M. Weiss, Wright State University I've come to realize that you can only control what you can control. When negativity starts to creep in, I ask myself or others if they are upset about something that is within their sphere of influence. If it is not, I encourage them (and myself) to let it go. It takes so much more energy to be upset and unhappy than it does to live life to the fullest. If the issue bringing out negativity will continue to surround you despite you not being able to control it, you may need to take a radical step and remove yourself from the situation (something you can control).
by D. Schraeder, University of Illinois Springfield
Friday, June 5, 2015
Faith and Values in the workplace follow up 0 M. Ellis, University of Illinois Springfield Hello Everyone! Hopefully you've stopped by the Health and Wellness blog, if not here is our link: Health and Wellness Blog Anyways, Hope England recently wrote a post about incorporating faith and values in your work, she even provided a way for you to narrow your value list down to your top five values! Mine were: Hope, Intelligence, Family, Curiosity, and Empathy.  My challenge for you is to look at your top five values and list out three ways that you want to strengthen those values.  So example, I want to strengthen my curiosity and intelligence values. I am currently learning and starting to make the life change to a low-carb lifestyle. As well, I am preparing for the GRE so that I can apply to some PhD programs this fall. So, what will you try and strengthen? Thanks Melissa from Michigan Technological University 
by M. Ellis, University of Illinois Springfield
Thursday, April 9, 2015
2014 Health and Wellness Fitness Challenge 0 C. Meng, Denison University Join us in participating in the 2014 GLACUHO Health and Wellness Fitness Challenge! This year, the Health and Wellness Committee is focusing on creating and delivering tangible resources to the region. Of course, this isn't always easy considering the broad scope of health and wellness! Our committee has worked to create monthly wellness calendars to help us remember our health and wellness daily. Committee members will continue to share these calendars, create blog posts to help housing professionals and graduate students address and manage their health and wellness and design health and wellness bulletin boards for students in our residence halls. As always, our goal is to remind the region to make time for the important work of addressing our health and wellness and the health and wellness of our students and colleagues.As we endeavor to make our work useful and accessible to the GLACUHO region, committee members have stepped up the creativity! Our latest creative venture comes from Vanessa Van Dyke at Shawnee State University. Her fitness challenge video can be modified to meet you needs and fitness level. We hope you'll give it a try and post your results below to share in a community of health and wellness!Thanks!Cari
by C. Meng, Denison University
Tuesday, April 29, 2014