GLACUHO News
Calendar

2/9/2019 » 2/11/2019
2019 Winter Meeting for all Committee and Leadership Team Members

Residence Life
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
First Year Residential Experience 0 C. Schrader, Manchester University Greetings, colleagues! I am the Area Coordinator for a small, private, liberal arts university in Indiana. Our institution recently designated two buildings as first year halls and we are looking to create a residential experience specific to their needs as first years. While we currently are not on a residential curriculum model, we're interested in that possibility and are currently working to incorporate the Social Change Model for Leadership. We would love to learn from other institutions who have done work on creating first year residential experiences. Any insight you can offer will be greatly appreciated! I know that some folks may want to keep their work close to the chest. I totally understand if that is the case, and we're happy to work with perhaps a series of questions your team asked themselves when deciding what to create for their residents' experience. You can reach me at cjschrader@manchester.edu Thanks in advance!
by C. Schrader, Manchester University
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Pet Policy for Live-in Professionals 0 N. Fink, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Howdy everyone! We are working to get a pet policy here at IWU, but are trying to find some rationales that other institutions have for allowing it.  If your institution allows live-in professionals to have pets, why did your institution choose to allow it?  Are there any struggles or changes that you all have faced based on the pet policy? Any other information you would like to provide, I will take. Thank you in advance! Nick Fink
by N. Fink, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Friday, August 4, 2017
Agreement/Form for overnight guest(s) under the age of 18 0 B. Turley, Lincoln College I am curious what some of you do when it comes to allowing overnight guest(s), especially those under the age of 18, to stay on campus.  We currently do not have any written form or permission slip.  I am looking at this issue primarily from an overnight recruiting visit aspect.  I would appreciate any suggestions you want to share. Thank you, Bob Turley Coordinator of Residence Life Lincoln College  
by B. Turley, Lincoln College
Thursday, December 8, 2016
RAs and CPR Training 0 K. Doty, Marian University I'm looking for some information about best practices related to having RAs being CPR certified. I realize the institution I work at does not have the RAs trained in CPR for liability reasons. We  are working with the health services department on campus to discuss RA training in the fall and they are asking questions about why this is our practice. Is this what other institutions do? Why or why not?
by K. Doty, Marian University
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
RA Contracts and Compensation 0 D. Schraeder, University of Illinois Springfield As your institution responds to increasing demands on their RA staff and from the federal government, how have you addressed the following concerns through your contract and compensation packages?  Are there other concerns out there not considered in this list? Family Obligations (presence at events and/or sending money home or paying for parts of college) Above Full-time (18 credit hours) Status Internships Student Teaching Additional On/Off-campus Jobs Extracurricular Activity Limits Affordable Care Act/University restricting number of hours RAs are allowed to work (and/or requiring a log of hours) - do you forge it, have you hired more staff, have you changed training and/or job requirements? Compensated through a stipend or hourly wage
by D. Schraeder, University of Illinois Springfield
Friday, June 5, 2015