Submit your Job Openings!
Welcome to the GLACUHO Job Postings page! We have made it much easier for you to submit your posting. Please click on the link to the right to submit your openings. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Eric Musselman, our Technology Coordinator.
In order to keep our postings relevant and focused for our membership, we are only able to accept and display job postings for relevant positions in Housing and Residence Life within the region that we serve: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
Director of Housing and Residential Life/Assistant Dean of Students - Kenyon College (Gambier, OH)
The live-out Director of Housing and Residential Life/Assistant Dean of Students, who reports to the Dean of Students, oversees a comprehensive housing and residential life program that includes community development and student learning initiatives, coordination of housing assignment processes, and facilities management. Central responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of a residential life program that supports and enhances students’ academic and personal growth;
- Selection, training, and supervision of six full-time staff and over 50 student staff through appropriate managers and supervisors;
- Management of a variety of residential facilities to maintain safe, secure and healthy
- Outreach to faculty and staff to enlist their active engagement with student residential
- Collaboration with College staff in the maintenance, renovation or development of new
- Development, interpretation and enforcement of residential living policies, procedures
- Effective management of departmental budgets.
- At least 5 years of professional experience and progressively increasing responsibility in housing and residential life leadership;
- Substantial knowledge and experience in staff supervision, fiscal and facilities management, and residence hall operations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- A proven ability to foster collaborative relationships across campus;
- A Master’s degree in higher education, student personnel, counseling or a related field.
Application review will begin on February 24, 2014.
Assistant Director for Off-Campus Student Services and Summer Housing - University of Notre Dame (South Bend, IN)
The Assistant Director for Off-Campus Student Services and Summer Housing serves as the University's primary contact for off-campus students and coordinates the summer housing programs which hosts over 20,000 guests each summer.
The Assistant Director will establish new services for Notre Dame's off-campus students, conducting outreach and programming for off-campus students, serve as a conduct officer for initial cases involving off-campus students and act as a liaison to neighborhoods and local government on behalf of students.
The Assistant Director will recruit, hire, train, and supervise 4 ACUHO-I Graduate Interns and approximately 100 student staff members, will coordinate with University partners to schedule the usage of the 29 Undergraduate Residence Halls to house summer school students, conference attendees and guests, and supervise the billing process for all summer guests.
The Assistant Director will plan, coordinate, and supervise the academic year move-in and move-out process for the undergraduate residence halls which involves moving all 6,500 on-campus residents into or out of Residence Halls over the course of three days. The Assistant Director is also responsible for the approval and coordination of all early arrivals and late departures.
Education: Master's degree or Bachelor's degree (5 years) or advanced certification beyond Bachelor's.
Experience: 3 to 4 years
Excellent communications skills
High level of discretion
Ability to work across departments and throughout the University, developing and maintaining relationships
Knowledge and ability to articulate Student Development theory and issues
Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
Proven ability to manage a large student staff
Resident Coordinator - Benedictine University (Lisle, IL)
The Resident Coordinator will work jointly with the Assistant Director of Residence Life in the overall operation of the Residence Halls and apartment complex. The Resident Coordinator will work on building communities through program development, engaging students in campus life and creating a living environment that meets the mission of Residence Life and Benedictine University. This position is a live-in, full-time, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Other duties will include: interacting with and being accessible to residents by maintaining and active presence: in person, on the phone and/or social media within the Benedictine community; coordinate and manage room changes, roommate conflicts, and roommate agreements; be responsible for the day to day management of the Resident Coordinator assigned hall/area; work with Campus Services, Campus Police and other departments on campus to establish a positive and inclusive atmosphere; be responsible for the development, operation, maintaining, and evaluation of First Year Initiatives for the Residence Halls; assist in Residence Life with semi-annual assessment processes, student life night and weekend program initiatives which may include working with student groups such as Programming Board; and assist with enforcement of University and Residence Life policies; assist with check in and check out processes, room assignment process; and resident assistant selection process.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Worked in Residence Life and/or Student Affairs. Demonstrate the ability to supervise student staff.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Valid IL Driver’s License
Working Conditions: Live-in, on call responsibility, nights, weekends, and holidays