2009-2010 Topic: Retention
Welcome to the Contemporary Issues Committee webpage.
The Contemporary Issues Committee was created in order to address a relevant topic within Housing and Residence Life for the duration of a one year period. We are very excited to be spending our time focusing on the topic of staff retention for the 2010 GLACUHO year.
Contemporary Issues Committee Goals:
• Increase GLACUHO membership's awareness regarding issues of staff retention through educational opportunities.
• Challenge our committee to use retention as a pervasive theme programming throughout the year
• Utilize the case study competition as a resource for participants as well as the general membership of GLACUHO.
If you should have any questions regarding the committee's work, I would be happy to talk with you and may be reached via email at email@example.com or via phone 618.453.2335. Additionally, if you have any resources regarding staff retention that you would like to share with the membership of GLACUHO we would love to hear from you!
Chair of Contemporary Issues Committee
Associate Director of Residence Life
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
To provide an opportunity for the education and professional development for housing officers in a changing, relevant issue.
Selection of Contemporary Issue
· The President will select a topic based on a contemporary issue in the field of Housing and Residence Life.
· The chair will serve as an "expert" in this issue and will serve an appointed one year term.
· The chair will serve as the coordinator for the case study competition at the annual GLACUHO conference. The case will focus on their contemporary issue.
· Website: Each committee is responsible for providing information and sharing of resources on their committee website.
· On-line Technology: Each committee is expected to create, assist or explore the option of providing an on-line professional development opportunity for the association (i.e., webinars, podcasts, etc.)
· Trends/Waves: Each committee is expected to submit articles, information and pictures for publication based on their committee scope.
· Program presentations: Each committee is expected to submit program topics relevant to their committee topic.
· Conference initiatives: Each committee is expected to create opportunities for the membership to learn about their specific topic at the annual conference.