To provide opportunities for the education and professional development of housing officers in the area of student learning.
Example of Committee Scope:
· On-line · Distance education
· Learning outcomes · Learning disabilities
· Communities · Assessment
· Retention · First Year Experience
· Sophomore Year Experience · Academic support
· Faculty partnerships · International study
· Advising · Leadership development
· Career development
Learning Outcomes for Committee Members
- Plan, implement and conduct a webinar for the GLACUHO membership
- Explore the experiences and knowledge base needs of mid- level professionals in regards to student learning scope topics
- Develop professional level writing skills for the GLACUHO website and Trends publication
- Network with and learn from professionals who are working on assessment projects in the GLACUHO region
Learning Outcomes for the GLACUHO Audience
- Explore assessment methods currently being utilized within the region.
- Connect professionals working predominantly with living learning communities and faculty initiatives to resources available in the GLACUHO region.
- Review best practices and trends in living learning communities.
- Explore international student adjustment issues.
- Address methods for retaining upper-class residents on campus.