GLACUHO offers the New School / School Re-Involvement Scholarship to enable the attendance of one staff member from a school in each state that has not been engaged in GLACUHO during the last two years. This means that an institution has not had members attend the Annual Conference, participate on a committee, or serve as a board member. The scholarship covers the cost of one regular registration. The award winners will be announced prior to the on-time registration deadline for the conference.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be from an institution in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, or Ohio that has not had any involvement with GLACUHO during the past two years (i.e. no staff members have attended the annual conference, participated on committees, or served as board members.
- Be employed in any housing area (dining services, residence life, apartments, marketing, facilities, operations, technology).
- Be a full time graduate student or full time professional.
- Submit a completed application online by Friday, October 7, 2016.
During the application process, you will need to answer several essay questions. You may wish to prepare your answers in advance and paste them into the application below. Please limit each answer to 2,000 characters or less. For your convenience, the questions are provided here:
- How does attending the GLACUHO Annual Conference influence your professional development plan and future goals? (25 points)
- If you receive this scholarship, how do you plan to contribute to GLACUHO in the next calendar year? (25 points)
- How do you live out GLACUHO’s values of personal, professional, and organizational growth; service; visionary leadership; and inclusivity in your current position on your own campus? (25 points)
- Please describe how your institution is supporting your attendance at GLACUHO. (i.e. covering conference registration costs, hotel costs, travel expenses, meals, time away, etc.) (25 points)
- Four scholarships will be awarded, one per state (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio)
- The scholarship will be awarded as a free registration code for the conference prior to the end of the on-time registration deadline.
- The scholarship will cover the on-time registration cost for one delegate. If the recipient registers after the on-time deadline, the recipient will be responsible for covering the additional registration amount above and beyond the regular rate.
- Applications are due by Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced by October 17, 2016.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified of their status when the recipients are announced.
The State Delegates will review all applications. Based upon the established point system, each application will be scored by each State Delegate. The applications from each state with the highest overall score will be recommended as the recipient of the scholarship. The GLACUHO President will review the recommendation and have final approval.
Please note, you must be signed in to an individual GLACUHO website account in order to apply.