GLACUHO is pleased to be able to award four scholarships to current committee members attending the GLACUHO Annual Conference. The scholarship will cover the cost of a full, on-time registration for the conference. The scholarship award winners will be announced prior to the on-time registration deadline for the conference.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be an active committee member on a current GLACUHO Committee.
- Completed committee work throughout the year.
- Have attended the GLACUHO Winter Meeting this year.
- Be from a GLACUHO member institution and be employed in any housing area (dining services, residence life, apartments, marketing, facilities, operations, technology).
- Be a full time graduate student or full time professional.
- Submit a completed application online by Friday, October 7, 2016.
During the application process, you will need to answer several essay questions. You may wish to prepare your answers in advance and paste them into the application below. Please limit each answer to 2,000 characters or less. For your convenience, the questions are provided here:
- Please describe your committee experience in GLACUHO.
- How does the conference influence your professional development plan and future goals?
- How do you live out GLACUHO’s values of personal, professional, and organizational growth; service; visionary leadership; and inclusivity in your current position on your own campus?
- Please describe how your institution is supporting your attendance at GLACUHO. (i.e. covering conference registration costs, hotel costs, travel expenses, meals, time away, etc.)
- Four scholarships will be awarded.
- The scholarships will be awarded in the form of a free registration code that will waive the on-time registration fee. Notification of award, along with the code, will be sent to the winners prior to the on-time registration deadline.
- The scholarship will cover the on-time registration cost for one delegate. If the recipient registers after the deadline, the recipient will be responsible for the additional amount above and beyond the on-time registration rate.
- Applications due by Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced by October 17, 2016.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified of their status when the recipients are announced.
The Tri-Presidents will review all applications and will consult with the appropriate committee chairs to verify involvement and commitment of the applicant.
Please note, you must be signed in to an individual GLACUHO website account in order to apply.