Through the ACUHO-I foundation
, GLACUHO has been given a $1,000 scholarship to provide one housing professional who has never attended the ACUHO-I Annual Conference and Exposition
. One applicant from the GLACUHO region will be selected to receive this scholarship money to utilize for their costs associated with the ACUHO-I Annual Conference and Exposition. Please pass this information along to any professionals who will be attending their first ACUHO-I Conference.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a first time ACUHO-I Annual Conference and Exposition attendee
- Be from a GLACUHO member institution and be employed in any housing area (dining services, residence life, apartments, marketing, facilities, operations, technology)
- Must be a full time professional
- Demonstration of how this opportunity will be used in their current position GLACUHO involvement
- Submit an article to the GLACUHO Trends publication on your ACUHO-I experience or present at a drive-in conference
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core values of GLACUHO
- The recipient of this scholarship is expected to return to the housing profession for the following year or may be asked to refund the scholarship money.
- Submit a completed application online
During the application process, you will need to answer several essay questions. You may wish to prepare your answers in advance and paste them into the application below. For your convenience, the questions are provided here:
- Please describe how you anticipate the ACUHO-I Conference will contribute to your current position, your professional development, and the GLACUHO organization. How will attending this conference impact your institution and housing program? (30 points)
- What specific ways have you or do you plan to contribute to the organization (i.e. committee involvement, submitting TRENDS articles about your experience or present at a conference) and what do you hope to gain from the experience? (10 points)
- Please explain how you demonstrate your commitment to GLACUHO core values (personal, professional and organization growth, service, visionary leadership, and inclusivity) as a housing officer. (30 points)
- Please describe your reason(s) for applying for this scholarship (i.e. financial need, future committee involvement, presenting the the annual conference, etc) (30 points)
- Total expenses cannot exceed $1,000, specific amount to be determined during award process
- Travel costs (flight or $0.505 per mile)
- Conference Registration: http://www.acuho-i.org/
- Hotel costs
- Applications due by 11:59pm Central Time on June 27, 2016
- Scholarship recipient will be notified shortly after the deadline
- Scholarship recipient will be announced at the GLACUHO Social at the ACUHO-I conference
The State Delegates will review all applications. Based upon the established point system, each application will be scored by each State Delegate. The application with the highest overall score will be recommended as the recipient of the scholarship. The GLACUHO President will review the recommendation and have final approval.
Submit Your Application
Ready to apply? Click the button below. You must be signed in to the GLACUHO website in order to submit your application.