Committee Member Involvement
The GLACUHO Board of Directors is currently seeking housing officers in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio to serve on one of the GLACUHO committees.
In order to serve the Association as a committee member, you must be able to fulfill the following expectations. Please complete the checklist below as you consider serving in this capacity:
- Correspond with committee chair on a regular basis (no less than monthly basis).
- Attend the Winter Meeting at Camp Tecumseh, February 12–13, 2017 (GLACUHO covers the cost for meals and lodging on site).
- Attend any additional meeting(s) such as monthly committee meetings (via GoToMeeting).
- Accept and complete any assignments to meet the goals of the committee and GLACUHO.
- Gain immediate supervisor’s and institutional approval to serve prior to submitting an application.
All individuals interested in serving on a committee need to submit a committee member application online by Monday, November 14, 2016 at 12:00pm Noon EST. This includes new and returning committee members. Appointment to committees will be made after the Annual Conference. Committee membership runs from November 2016 to December 2017 to coincide with GLACUHO’s Annual Conference. The newly elected President-elect will notify applicants in December of committee status.
The incoming President-Elect, in consultation with committee chairs, selects committee members. Factors used to make assignments include:
- Balance of state representation
- New and returning members
- Professional experience levels
- Diversity representation
- Experience individual professionals bring to the committee
- Interest, motivation, commitment, and dedication to the committee (current committee chair provides a recommendation for returning committee members)
Campus Safety/Crisis Management
Researches trends and provides resources and best practices in the area of campus safety and crises response.
Health and Wellness
Creates resources for students and staff members in the area of Health and Wellness.
Inclusion and Equity
Provides resources and opportunities on various multicultural and diversity-related topics.
Creates resources and opportunities that focus on the heart of our work in Residence Life including supervision, advising and more.
Researches trends and provides resources and best practices in the area of student learning.
Facilities and Operations
Reviews facility trends and sustainability options for housing operations
Contemporary Issues (Topic: Student Advocacy - Helping Support Students with Dissenting Behaviors.)
This year, the committee examines ways to support students with dissenting behaviors and to serve as advocates on their behalf.
Communications and Marketing
Creates our GLACUHO publications and is responsible for the marketing of the association.
Programming and Development
Responsible for our program sessions at the Annual Conference and various Professional Development opportunities.
To learn more about committees, please contact any member of the Board of Directors. Committee applications will be accepted online and through Monday at Noon EST during the Annual Conference. GLACUHO has advanced its goals as an organization, and furthered the objectives of the housing profession through strong, effective committee membership. The Board of Directors hopes you consider joining a committee this year.
Ready to sign up?
Please note: In order to apply, you must be signed in with your individual account on our website.
(If you are the account holder for an institutional or exhibitor account, you will need to set up an individual account for yourself since committee membership is tied to individuals rather than institutions or companies.)